I was about to discuss the advantages of adding the Facebook Like Box1 to your website when I stumbled upon Smash Balloon’s Custom Facebook Feed . It’s available as a WordPress plugin and php script for static site. You’ll still want to add the Like Box1 to show off your fans, but I think you’ll find Custom Facebook Feed more versatile for business owners wanting more engagement directly on their website.
The developers boast that Custom Facebook Feed is “the best dang Facebook plugin both sides of the Mississippi!” With 100,000+ downloads and a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on wordpress.org a lot of folks agree.
SmashBalloon offers a free version that will get you started displaying your Facebook feed from your pages and open groups. All the bells and whistles are included in their reasonably priced premium version starting at $49.
Here’s a rundown of what Custom Facebook Feed can do for you:
• Increase Social Engagement
• Display statuses, photos, videos, events, links, albums and even offers
• Save time if you can’t blog
• Tailor your feeds to display how you want
• Add Dynamic SEO Content
• Display multiple feeds from different Facebook pages with custom styling
• Show likes, shares and comments directly on your website
• Filter posts by string or #hashtag
• Look great on all devices with Responsive layout
• Search engine accessible
I could go on, but you get the picture. Better you head over to SmashBalloon and see for yourself. I’m sure you’ll be amazed at the possibilities. Try it for free and see you what you think. Anything that makes it easier to engage your audience and enhance your online presence right on your own website is a win-win in my book. If you give it a try let us know what you think in the comments.
1With the release of Graph API v2.3, the Like Box plugin is deprecated. It is being replaced by the new page plugin. Click here to learn more.